Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mr.UPenn

idea stolen from http://meldenisesays.blogspot.com

3rd year at UPenn , one of the ivy leagues. against all odds of course.

What made me choose University Of Pennsylvania?
it's close to home, i already had a job in Philly, it's an ivy league school...

Where else did I apply/accepted?
applied to NYU (was accepted, spent one year there)
applied to Drexel, University of Miami (FL), Florida A&M, Rutgers
accepted to all but, those were on sports scholarships

Did I receive a scholarship?
yea, i'm on a FULL RIDE there :) (outside scholarships)

What were my high school grades/test scores like?
i was one of those people, who took all the AP's possible...but cut class all the time while still keeping up with the work. i was out of school suspended for the second half of my junior year but i scored a 2290 out of 2400 on the SAT, didn't take the ACT

What do I like most about my school?
best professors ever. they actually try and make class interesting, even LECTURES.
it's not in the middle of nowhere either

What do I like the least?
not that i'm a racist, but it's only around 7% african american..so it was a complete culture shock being that not only am i black/hispanic but i have a pretty weird southern accent. i always feel like somebody's judging me or looking at me sideways. plus ppl here think they're on top of the WORLD, too good to talk to you and what not. it's every man for themselves

Do I get homesick?
no...my mom and stepdad are less than 30 minutes away lol i live on my own tho and it gets kinda lonely if Sid is somewhere else.

What extracurriculars am I involved in now?
not a DAMN thing. i have to work all the time to pay my bills..

Campus Life?
lot of frats and sororities like u see on tv. um, Akon was here this past spring...
so it can get crazy at times. there are plenty of bars and nightclubs around too

What is my next step after graduation?
i'm actually looking at med school brochures THIS year.. i'm only applying to three. the UPenn one, Columbia, Johns Hopkins. that determines whether i stay in Philly, move to NYC or Maryland.

General advice about college?
FIRST SEMESTER FRESHMAN YEAR IS NOTTTTTT ALL ABOUT PARTYING! biggest mistake ever. u get excited about being free and all, but just dont go overboard. study EVERYTHING, tests are never easy. try and develop a relationship with all ur professors, it could be the difference in a pass and fail. and most of all, balance your time wisely...

2 Comments:

  1. Melanie! said...
    I like it! sounds like u made a good choice.

    thanks for the shoutout!
    http://www.meldenisesays.blogspot.com
    iforgotmyname said...
    Man...

    You're an inspiration...

Post a Comment